View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 09:43 AM   #1
Jump

Any iPhone mounting solutions?

I just picked up an iPhone and I definitely want to take advantage of Pandora, Wolfgang's Vault and the variety of internet radio stations available while in the car. While I had come up with a workable (but not great) solution for my iPod, I haven't been able to find anything to hold the iPhone in place. The iPhone is too big to fit in the location of my current iPod mount. Just laying it on the seat or floor isn't acceptable for the obvious reasons associated with driving a Porsche.

I looked at the options provided by Kensington and Griffin with the flexible neck that plugs into your cigarette lighter but I doubt that with the weight of the iPhone, that it would hold in place during hard cornering.

I'm just wondering if anyone has come up with anything innovative?

Here is what I did with the iPod. I purchased a clear plastic case for the iPod and simply used velcro to mount it to my dash. It is easily removable when I need to and the CD drawers aren't needed when I have my iPod hooked up. It doesn't really get in the way of any of the air/heat controls so the only downside of this is the removal of the velcro from my dash when the iPod is done serving its purpose.

Jump is offline   Reply With Quote