View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 05:05 PM   #7
EE3racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk
You should note that they said the 4 cyl will be turbocharged and just over 200 bhp. The Subaru WRX I used to have was like 227 hp stock, turbo 2.0L 4 cyl. With an intake, exhaust, boost controller, and ECU chip I was pushing over 300 hp and 0 to 60 in 4.6 seconds - all for about $2,500 in mods.

I wouldn't dismiss a 4 cyl turbo Boxster just yet. It may actually have a LOT of potential. Subaru and Mitsubishi are both selling stock cars now that are pushing 300 hp from 4 cyl turbo engines. Heck, even GM and Chrysler can do a lot with a turbo 4 (Solstice GXP, Neon SRT4, etc.)! With the focus on fuel economy I doubt that Porsche will do the same, BUT the potential may be there to really crank the boost up, throw fuel economy out the window, and get these things to move!

We'll have to wait and see....

Kirk
I'm sure it will be fast, maybe they will slap some of that variable vein turbo technology on the beast. I just think 4cyl sports cars are available in many cheaper varieties, they may find the other manufacturers canabalizing their market unless they build the car as a proper Porsche.