View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 06:35 AM   #12
Dave S.

I agree that it is really a personal decision. I just bought an 03 986 S model which is essentially identical to the 04. I really like the looks of the interior on the 05 better but I bought an 03 for a few reasons:

1. cost - my 03 Boxster S had 14,400 miles, was flawless inside and out and only cost $27k. (Seal grey, light grey interior, with PSM, heated seats and 18 inch wheels)
2. cost - insurance was cheaper the older I went.
3. cost - I live in Colorado where we pay personal property tax on cars every year. I wanted a mint condition older model to keep the annual tax charged on license plates much lower.
4. cost - lower sales tax on the purchase.

I would not consider anything older than an 03 S model because of the glass rear window, headlight styling, taillight styling and the slight increase in power and reliability of the later model 986. This got me to search for the right 03/04 S model with a slight preference to finding a mint condition low mileage 03 as a preference.

I'm certainly not poor, but I am cheap ;-) I've had the car for 3 weeks and I love it. Was totally worth the extra $$ for the S model.
Dave S.

Last edited by Dave S.; 11-01-2008 at 07:09 AM.
Dave S. is offline   Reply With Quote