View Single Post
Old 04-05-2005, 06:52 AM   #4
Adam

I got into a 02 M-Roadster before I purchased my "S." I picked the an 03 S as you can see. The engine is the real selling point of that car. I believe it's called the S54 and it has 315 hp and an 8k rpm redline. That engine is simply unmatched by anything else in the roadster market. It pulls very hard all the way from 3k-8krpm. The boxster S while strong is simply outmatched in the power dep. The M interior is also nicer albeit a bit cramped and the driving position subpar compared to the Porsche. Nothing else about the M impressed me at all. The trunk is the same size as the rear truck in the boxster, so the trunk space is half of the what the boxster offers. The 5 speed shifter on the M I drove felt long and rough. It was very dissapointing. The handling of the car while superior to your average car, can't hold a candle to the response, feedback, balance, and overall grip of the boxster S. The boxster S brakes are beefier and offer better feedback through the pedal as well. The model I looked at didn't have a power top or Xenon lights either. I'm not even sure if those things are even offered as an option for the M, but I'm leaning torwards no. In summation, the M is clearly superior to the S in the power dep...but behind in everything else comapared to the S. The S seems to have more than enough power for most peoples needs and it sounds a heck of alot better in the proccess as well. I'm a power junkie, but I still echewed the M for the S simply because the Porsche is so good.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote