View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 08:07 AM   #8
23109VC

why not use this as an opportunity to "upgrade" and put in a larger motor?

I have 73k miles on my 2000 base - and I PRAY this does not happen to me - I like the car just fine with only 217hp..... but IF it blew up, and I had to either buy a ne engine or part it out - I think I would eat the extra cost and swap in a 3.4L and make it a screamer!

I was under the impression that the cost to replace with what you have, vs the cost to swap in a larger motor is not that much more... or am I wrong - is it thousands and thousands more?

this stuff scares the crap out of me. I'd get an extended warranty to take some of the fear away, but they want about $5000 for an extended on my car - and at that price, it's almost just worth rolling the dice....

i wonder if there is an insurance policy you can get that would cover ONLY the motor failure issue and nothign else? maybe something you coudl buy through your auto insurance for catastrophic mechanical failures? one would think that there would be some way to insure against this w/out paying the outrageious fees from the auto/exteneded warranty people...
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote