View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 09:09 AM   #11
FrayAdjacent

I'd advise you to wait a bit.

Affording your monthly payment is far from the only expense of owning a Porsche. Consider that you need to fill it with 91+ octane gas. Keep in mind that if you have a dealer change the oil, that usually costs $200, and you'll need to do that at least once a year. Tires are not cheap. If you go with the sticky tires, you'll get maybe a year or two out of them, and will probably cost over $500 to replace a set.

I put higher treadwear rated tires on my car in early 2007, and probably have another year or two out of them... but my water pump took a dump on me ($120 for the part, installed myself. +$35 for a belt.). Had to get a wheel fixed ($140) after a full alignment and wheel balance ($180). I need a new battery ($60 min, I'm going for an Optima - $165). I replaced the top on it last year, did most of the work myself ($750 for the top, $165 for final fitting by a reputable upholstery shop).

SO... you can see, you will have to pay for a lot more than gas and your monthly note.

I'd suggest you wait until you secure a higher income, then see what you can afford. There will be plenty of Boxsters waiting for you!

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote