View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 06:29 AM   #16
Wingnut2u

Not having an extended warranty on a Porsche is a huge gamble and I will gladly task the risk of losing a couple $100 dollars over the potential loss of $5,000-$10,000 if I did not have a warranty. As I mentioned previously, in the first 6 months of ownership I have already replaced the CV boots and I had the dreaded RMS failure. Both were covered in full and my only cost $10. That is almost $2,500 in repairs in the first 6 months. I only have $1,300 left in repairs to break even and 4 1/2 years to accomplish it. It's a Porsche, it WILL have issues, things break. Unless you have just a ton of extra cash, not having an extended warranty is not a smart gamble in my opinion. You just have to make sure your policy is with a good warranty company and to me, Warranty Direct is not a good warranty company.

Piece of mind that I won't have to shell out big bucks for catastrophic failure is worth the cost of the extended warranty to me. Remember you don't buy insurance to make money but to protect yourself from significant financial loss..just my $.02