View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 11:02 AM   #23
blinkwatt

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil bastard
Flat spotting on modern tires is much myth. Unless your tires are steel belted, it's not much of a concern. With modern high-tech cords such as Kevlar and the increasing use of silica compounds and such, any flat spotting will disappear as soon as the tires are rolling and heat up.
I dont think thats a myth.

Lately my Boxster is only getting driven once a week max,sad yes I know. But when I'm hoping in it it has to be flat spots that causing the shimmying in the steering,because it goes away within 3-5 miles of driving.

That's only when it sits for a week or more though that it's bad like that.

As for tires,I really recommend P Zero Rossos. I didn't realize how good they were until lost them. They were a little bit sticker then the S-03s I used to have,where the S-03s would start to break the Rosses stuck on a little more,but it seemed like the Rossos gave without any sign though while the S-03s would give signs of the grip breaking.

Don't buy BF Goodrich(don't know the model) if you want sporty,I have them now and they are only good for driving on from a-b,I won't be recommending these to anyone besides soccer moms.

Have you looked into Falken Azeni Rt-615s?
http://www.vulcantire.com/azenis_rt615_t.htm

They are great tires but don't last long.

Last edited by blinkwatt; 09-12-2008 at 11:09 AM.
blinkwatt is offline   Reply With Quote