View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 08:00 PM   #1
TimAustinW

Send a message via Yahoo to TimAustinW
Rotors - Drilled, Slotted, Standard - what to choose?

So I've been having F+R squealing issues with my brakes for a few months now. I have 25% life remaining on the front pads and the rear pads were replaced about six months ago. I took it into the shop recently and they said my brakes are functioning just fine and it would be premature to replace them. So they just applied some anti squeal to the pads and it's subsided quite a bit, however I still get the occasional screech pulling to a light.

The shop told me that when the brakes are replaced the rotors should be replaced as well. How true is that? So now I'm looking into rotors. We've had a real scorcher of a summer here in Austin and not much rain. We've been in the upper nineties and above on average since June. I'm wondering if the squeal is due to the heat. So I was hoping that switching to drilled rotors would help alleviate that. I read that slotted and drilled rotors are really just for the track and for the daily driver slotted rotors will actually wear down your pads faster.

What type of rotors would you guys suggest? Anyone have an affordable reliable brand they can recommend?

I saw these on ebay, the price seemed kinda low so I'm sure I'll get the response "Well, you get what you pay for" but a lot of times with Porsche parts you pay way more for what you get because it's for a Porsche. I just want them to be safe and reliable.

Cquence Brake Rotors

Thanks
02 Seal Grey, NHP Headers w/ Highflow Cats/2ndary Bypass Pipes, smoked side markers/3rd brake light, exterior match interior trim, 986 Lloyds Mats, 986 deck lid emblem, arctic silver intake grills, ipod link, painted calipers, Glass Window Robbins Top with defroster kit, Bose Sound System, Leather lower door panels, Console Lid w embroidered crest; Stainless door sills; Painted Bumperettes; Custom Hood Crest
TimAustinW is offline   Reply With Quote