View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 09:39 AM   #1
NJkayaker

Pooling Water In Convertible Compartment

I have a 99 986. I bought it as s fun, fair weather car. It rarely get out in the rain. However, a week ago my regular car was in the shop so I took it out during a torrential rain storm (remanants of hurriciane Hannah). At some point I began hearing this dripping sound. very distinct like water dripping into a pool of water. Then I noticed a sloshing sound as I would stop or take a corner. When I got home and got into the garage I partially opened the top to see if I could see anything.

There was big pool of water in the roof compartment. It was only on the driver's side. The passenger side was dry. It seemed as if the material covering the compartment was almost like a waterproof bag. I am assuming this is designed to catch water and that it is designed to drain. Obviously I am plugged somewhere. Any idea how to get this to drain properly?

I was able to sop up the water with a rag. I then left the roof partially open over night. It was pretty much dry by the next day. As I mentioned a bove, it rarely gets driven in the rain so even if I can't fix it there shouldn't be a huge problem. It would, though, be nice to have evrything working properly.

Thanks

Last edited by NJkayaker; 09-09-2008 at 09:42 AM.
NJkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote