Thread: Boxstoberfest
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 02:32 PM   #20
Bob O

Wingnut, Timothy, and everyone else I met and talked to...THANKS! It was good to meet and talk again with all of you. I think everyone had a terrific time this weekend. I know I certainly did. For those of you who missed it...you really ought to get there next year. And for you red route guys...sounds like you had a blast. I'm sorta sorry I chickened out....nahhhhhhhhhh. With my base 01 I'm not sure I could have kept up anyway. Besides, the 118 I hit a couple of times wasn't that bad anyway.

A HUGE thanks to Michael. He and the crew did an outstanding job. Everything went like clockwork. This sort of event takes an unbelievable amount of planning and our hats are off to you guys for all the work you did to pull it off.

There have been pics posted here and elsewhere of the main event, but none of the gorgeous 356C that was parked outside the hangar bar after we got back. So...here's a few of that and some from the trip to the Benini Sculpture ranch. Now THAT was crazy. Out in the middle of nowhere is this incredible place, with hundreds of sculptures from artists all over the world and an art gallery, mostly of Mr Benini's work. Totally unexpected to say the least. It's well worth the mile or so of dirt road to get to it, and a couple more miles on the trails to view the sculptures. Anyway, here's a link to some pics. Hope to see you all again soon.

Bob

www.flickr.com/photos/rogopics
7/15 mm spacers
Deambered
Desnorked
SS door sills
Debadged
Clear tails
Technobrace
Technobra
I'll never own another black car!
Bob O is offline   Reply With Quote