View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 10:28 AM   #67
Jake Raby
Engine Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Sixter
I just re-read this whole thread. Jake gave some background on his experience in an early, rather long post answering several questions. And his various websites.

I'd like to reinforce the fact that he is Famous in the 914/Type IV world. The gold standard, the Raby name carries tremendous weight for bragging rights for owners with one of his engines.

I'll bet the -4 community is scared silly that the M96 venture will decrease 4-cylinder work. I for one am relieved to know that a rebuild program is feasible and that Jake Raby is involved.

No affiliation, I just spend a lot of time in the 914 kingdom.
Thanks for the post, 70sixster...

The M96 development is just an extension to our facility and engine development. We haven't changed gears away from aircooled engine development, we have "added a gear" with the M96 program.

My aircooled efforts will not slow, my master plan was to do enough development in 2006 and 2007 to be applied through 2009 while I personally stepped away from the lab and got as far as possible with the M96 plan.

Through 2009 my team will be applying what we created for the past two years.. The M96 is just another challenge with a much newer engine design with another set of very difficult tasks to overcome. Thats what attracted me to this engine- it's problems.
Jake Raby is offline   Reply With Quote