View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 09:38 AM   #11
machone

Lights Working

Thanks to everyone that responded.

Finally tackled it this morning - used a multi-meter to confirm that the lights were unplugged prior to removing the bumper cover.

Found the bumper cover surprisingly easy to remove - there are some pretty good instructions on this forum, but I found the pictures in the Bentley manual very helpful.

Plug was hanging in the bumper cover - plugged it back in and both lights worked. Wire-tied it together just to avoid this happening again, and replaced the bumper cover. Need to pick up a couple plastic rivets for the spoiler cover, but other than that the repair is complete.

Repair #2 done (also replaced the cigarette lighter with a standard dimension one) - now to save up for the Litronic conversion kit....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk
You don't need to specifically find Ground #8. Maybe you know this already, so please excuse me if I'm telling you something you already know:

The whole car body is part of the grounding system for electrical components. I was suggesting then that you just check continuity between the negative (ground) lead in the bulb socket to the car's body somewhere (the trunk latch hardware should do). That will tell you at least if the harness is unplugged.

Kirk
machone is offline   Reply With Quote