View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 05:05 PM   #45
cnavarro

Thanks for the welcome guys!

I have a 3.2 block on it's way to me and probably by the end of next week we should have it updated with a set of Nickies.

And since you guys asked, I will share some info on the IMS update we've engineered. These are the first photos posted anywhere - it's not even on our website yet.

You can see the early IMS hub and bearing support side by side with our billet replacement and you can clearly see our support is much longer, about twice the length, which has allowed us to double up the bearing surface area. We take a stock IMS and machined out the original bearing and then machine the IMS to accept our new bearings. The main key highlights are the increased surface area for the bearing, the significantly larger diameter stud and nut to hold it all in place, and open bearings to allow for positive lubrication and cooling of the bearings, where the originals were sealed. Only when the bearing was to fail on the early IMS, did oil get past the seals, filling up the IMS tube, further throwing it out of balance and making the problem worse. We've actually sealed the tube so it can't fill up while we were at it.

Right now we just have the prototypes done for testing, all one off, but after I get back from the Ventura show, I plan on doing a production run of them and will begin offering our updated IMS on an exchange basis, just like we're doing with the engine blocks.

We also have a few other goodies in development that will be ready for the Ventura show, including billet low temp thermostats and housings and spin-on oil filter adapters for the case and full flow external filter and oil cooler setups. If there's anything else that's of interest, I'm all for it. In for a penny, in for a pound.
cnavarro is offline   Reply With Quote