View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 06:56 AM   #12
RandallNeighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHILD
I took a look at your site, and think it is amazing that you asked strangers to donate money to help you buy your Porsche, and it worked! Let us know when your ready to paint your Boxster, I can recommend a high quality body and paint shop in LA. Hopefully a PDR guy was able to remove your trunk lid dings. The aluminum lids didn't come out til 05, if the paint is not cracked at the points of each ding, they may be able to get most of them out.
Oddly enough, I STILL get donations. A while back a young guy from Italy gave me $20 because he said I owned his dream car and he'd never be able to afford one ...so he wanted to help me out. It's hilarious... I did that as a joke for my friends.

The paint is cracked on the front, but not the back. As far as painting the car, there are a couple of good Porsche 2-step paint process approved shops here in Houston that work exclusively on Pcars, Ferraris, etc. I think I'd rather save the transportation money and use them instead of sending the car to LA. But thanks for the thought!
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote