View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 09:25 PM   #3
jhandy

Thanks,
I dont know if the tarret would fit. The issue with my car and the arm that did not fit was the tie rod end joint. The body of that joint was too beefy. Too fat and it hit my hub and my rims (even with the 7mm spacers).
this is a picture of the TRG

http://www.theracersgroup.com/shop/trgracing.php

As for the Tarret vs TRG. The tarrent looks similar but not as beefy at this end. However it may be fine.
The TRG is a clone/copy of the Porsche GT3 motorsports rear toe arms. From my understanding it is a GT3 front tie rod end linked to a custom threaded rod.
The car was taken to the dealer here in Austin and they set the camber and toe back to OEM spec for a 030 setup. I dont know what the numbers are, but it is stock. That was a big deal for me, as I eat tires as it is and did not want it to get any worse.

The spring install is not that bad, just requires time and tools. Nothing really hard about it.

The car now is much tighter than stock. Sudden turns do not dip the nose and the car seems much more level when going fast around curves. Ride comfort has not changed from what I can tell.
The next mod is a light flywheel and clutch.
James
Pedro rear stabilizer bar, CF strut braces, Maxspeed headers with 100 cell cats, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes, H&R springs with M030 setup, TRG rear links, EVO air intake, B&M Short shift kit, Raby IMS upgrade, Raby underdrive pulley
jhandy is offline   Reply With Quote