Thread: Boxster vs. RX8
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 02:34 PM   #19
23109VC

selling my volvo is not an option. I have put a lot of time/money into maintaining it and it is in VERY good condition despite it's age/miles. It's worth hardly anything if I sell it, but in terms of it's actual utility - it's priceless. There is a low, but possible chance my work location could shift some time in the future, increasing my commute distance, and I want to have a "disposable" car that I can rack miles on and not worry about. The volvo is perfect. it looks good, runs great, costs me very little to insure/maintain - and it *should* keep on running for a while.

I think i'm going to try and get the boxster. if I am honest with myself - the only car i have driven recently that really got my juices flowing was the porsche. i "liked" the rx8 a LOT. it's a really fun car. I "loved" the boxster.

a third car is not for practical purposes - it is for fun.it is a purely emotional purchase done for no other reason than it is fun. the boxster is probably the biggest bang/buck car to accomplsh that.

keep your fingers crossed i can get my hands on one at a good price.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote