Thread: Boxster vs. RX8
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 08:07 AM   #9
fragdude

Having owned a RX-8 and currently owning a Boxster I would say go for the Boxster. I really had a problem with the RX-8. I felt like it did not nearly have enough torque (especially for a sports car), the old 6 speed transmission felt nice, but was actually fairly weak (thats why mazda changed it), the rear seats pissed me off (they fit grown people, but I wanted a sports car that didn't have an image problem and if it didn't have the seats it would be lighter and thus faster), it got horrid gas milage, the air conditioning sucked, was really hot in the summer, the oil would get water in it during the winter (dealership said this was normal, doesn't sound right to me), and drank oil.

However, the RX-8 was a more reliable car IMO than the Boxster and did feel nice cruising on the highway or in the twisties. But I also love the torque that the boxster has over the rx8 and it also feels good while cruising or driving vigorously.

Im kinda surprised that you like the boxster and rx8 but hate the s2000. I had an s2000 and I absolutely loved it. More so than the boxster. It was reliable, had good gas milage, was insane when in VTEC, and handled sublimely. However it wasn't as nice while doing long distance driving....

well....thats my opinion

2002 Boxster S 6 Speed (Ocean Blue/Savannah)
-De-Snorkled, Porsche (B&M) Short Shifter, EVO Shift Linkage
-H7 HID Upgrade
-Rennwerke Maintained
1998 Bouvier (Brindle)

http://inlinethumb03.webshots.com/42...425x425Q85.jpg
fragdude is offline   Reply With Quote