View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 06:14 PM   #23
geoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Raby
At the current time most of our main focus has been on the 2.5 and 2.7 engines as they are the oldest and have the greatest failure rates. The 3.2 is a damn good engine compared to them, or even the 3.4 engine as they seldom if ever have catastrophic failures and finding one with a D chunk failure is very difficult. This is due to their more substantial cylinders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Raby
I know all about that.. 85% of my continental US based clients for the aircooled market are in California.. I have become well versed with the Cali fuel and know how to manipulate it's use.. Unfortunately nothing we'll do will pass smog in Cali., or at least that what I must tell you up front. Creativity on your end, well.....
I thought I read somewhere the 2.7 had much more substantial cylinder walls than the 3.2 and was less likely to suffer engine failure. Is the 3.2 or 3.4 engine a better bet if looking to buy a car, in terms of less likely to have an engine failure?

Are you serious about nothing you do will pass Calif smog? Our smog requirements seem to get progressively tougher (and more expensive) every few years! Since most of these are daily drivers, what are the chances one of your rebuilt Boxster motors will make the car not legally drivable on Calif roads?
geoff is offline   Reply With Quote