View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 06:02 PM   #22
silver arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantsfo
ake, I have owned two Boxsters over the past 9 years. Just as 914 owners expect value and reasonable prices Boxster owners who enter used Boxster market expect value.

I was never willing to spend $15K to $20K for a turn key 914 motor. Your kits for 914 motors are very cost effective. If you were thinking of offering a Boxster kit that includes Nickie block, crank pistons, heads etc for $5000 I'd buy one!

Jake what is the cost of a 2.5 turn key from you? Have you actually built a motor using the Nickie case yet and ran it for any length of time? Or is all this hypothetical like many of your 914 motors? You know best way to test a Boxster motor is to build one for your biggest skeptic. I'd be happy to thrash one for you. I have a running 2.5 with 100K on it that I plan to AX and track.
The prices are on his site. I don't know if he is allowed to post prices and such or what the rules are. I will tell you what I read. It appears that a 2.5 rebuild without bigger bore and head work is $10K. That's a great deal if you happen to pick up a Boxster with a blown engine for $6-7K and about the same as an engine from Porsche.
silver arrow is offline   Reply With Quote