View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 11:07 AM   #12
Kirk

Thanks for all of the input guys. I know it's my car and I can do what I want, but I've kinda been on the fence on this one. I also posted it up to my local car club board where there are a lot of "ricers". I was surprised that their overall response was much like yours - they didn't like it, doesn't fit the car.

I was at a car show recently and a lady commented to me that my car looked like a James Bond car. I thought that was cool. I can see how the vinyl stripes would take away a bit from the more sophisticated and sleek look of the Boxster. Maxferran hit the nail on the head though. I've played with my car and now I've played it out, I'm bored, and I'm grasping for straws for things to do to it. For example, I just polished my lower suspension aluminum pieces and I'm looking at adding 7 mm spacers to the front. These are minor things that NOBODY will ever notice except me. But I'm trying to play around as much as I can...

I'm going to get the vinyl done around the windshield and sit on the side graphics for a while. Maybe in the future I'll come up with something more suitable for the car, but I'm betting it will look best just as-is.

Thanks again guys.

Kirk
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote