View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 06:29 PM   #1
Kirk

Question Vinyl Graphics - Do You Like This Boxster???

Okay... here's my car, an arctic silver 2000 Boxster S with Gemballa body kit, carbon fiber hood, and Kokeln carbon fiber intake scoops. I'm kinda going for a two tone look here. Within a couple weeks I'll have some carbon fiber mirror housings installed on the car too. Right now it just has bras over the mirrors. So to finish the look I'm going in to a vinyl guy to have the windshield surround covered in black vinyl (currently it's silver). That will make the whole top of the car black. While I was getting this vinyl work done I was kicking around the idea of these stripes on the side of the car. I've been kicking this around for a while, mocked it up in Photoshop, and now mocked it up with spray-on bumper bra stuff (it wipes right off). It's not perfect, but gives you an idea of what it would look like in black vinyl.

I know many may say it's rice. But I think it's very striking, will make the car stand out even more, and kinda goes with the more wild look of this car. But I'm on the fence on this and would like to hear what you guys think. Again, I'd appreciate constructive feedback...

Kirk
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote