View Single Post
Old 03-25-2005, 07:27 AM   #1
RandallNeighbour

How much to straighten a subframe?

Any idea of what is a fair price for a body shop to put my boxster on a frame straightening machine and tweak it a few degrees?

When I first bought my car, the repair shop that did a 4 wheel alignment said my back wheels were off, and they could not bring them fully into alignment.

The drivers side is pushed all the way in toward the center of the car. The passenger side is pulled all the way out, away from the center of the car right now. What he said was both wheels are maxed out as far as adjustment goes and just need a little tweaking on the sub frame to correct it. His comment was "it's barely in alignment, and I don't think you'll notice it much, but the car may pull a bit to the right and wear your tires prematurely.

It does pull a tad to the right, but the tires are wearing nicely and I see no abnormal wear. So, I really do think it's a minor adjustment.

Anyone had this done or know what this kind of work costs?

I know I'll find out soon enough when I take it to a reputable body shop, but I'd like to know if the quote is too high and get some education on this particular issue.

Thanks!

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 03-25-2005 at 07:29 AM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote