View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 06:46 AM   #14
FTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23109VC
Sometimes I read the horror stories on here and I think that I must be crazy to even think of buying a used boxstsr and assume all this risk, then I drive one and I am in heaven...
I was initially 'appalled' or something like it, having taken the car in four times while still under the original 4 year warranty, and since had a few more things not up to snuff. I tripped over an old thread on this forum that talked about German cars as a whole - Porsche, Mercedes, even VW having these characteristics - little nickle dime things constantly breaking down. At first I thought I had made an unsensible decision, but after reading that one particular thread I feel better somehow. I could have gone with the Honda S3000 for a performance convertible, but I have no interest in even the way it looks. I love the Boxster and I spend money when I need to with a better understanding that if I am going to own this car, I am going to spend money on it. By comparison, my Honda Accord has 127,000 miles on it and has only needed stuff that happens after 100,000 miles on any car. The Porsche is not going to be like the Honda.
I also would like to +1 on the advice regarding affordability. Its not how much you make, but what you do with what you make, which hopefully means some percentage of your take home is making money, so please do consider positioning yourself for turning $1 into $10 as much as possible. That is a sidebar and probably sounds like parenting, but a car is a money pit and not an investment so consider it into your shopping.

Vroooom! Vroooom!
FTD is offline   Reply With Quote