View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 03:54 PM   #13
lapis986

transferrable warranty means a lot

i bought my 02 base model with about 30K miles 15 months ago. the deciding factor for me was a full coverage (Warrantec (sp?) Ultimate Care) warranty that the seller paid to transfer for me. Originally, from the dealer, it was almost $3900.
I have 68K on her now, daily driver about 75 miles/day. very few problems for me, drive it conservatively most of the time. my recco? shop for a car that has a warranty (i got a 7 year 100K). I still have about a year left on the warranty and when it expires i may seriously think about another box with another warranty. for me, it's worth it, much less stress worrying about expensive repairs. paid a little more for the car (about 23K), but so far my out of pocket was $68 for a top readjustment at the dealer- and if had not freaked out, i could have done a quick search on this forum and fixed it myself. porsche covered a recent rms leak, MAF sensor, ignition switch, headlight switch and oil separator, and a $100 credit for a new tire when I got a flat. Sweet warranty that allows me to enjoy an amazing daily driver. I change the oil, did the 60K service and just put new tires on it. I enjoy seat time at speed in this car...period.
like others have inferred, you buy porsche and you make a commitment- it must be maintained to enjoy the benefits. be patient and the right ride will be found. I looked for 3 months before i committed. happy shopping.
lapis986 is offline   Reply With Quote