View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 10:03 PM   #5
Lordblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrayAdjacent
I'd be curious to see what was on the CarFax. Weigh that against the fact that CarFax is not 100% populated... meaning not everything is reported or recorded. However, something like an engine replacement would be done by either a dealer or a reputable shop, so it likely would be on the CarFax report. A lot of 'shade tree mechanic' type stuff may not show up. I think my Box had body work that was not reported.

You might be able to schmooze a dealer's service department into pulling up a history.

I wouldn't worry too much if I were you, again, because if you have 90k on the ticker, if anything major was gonna go wrong, it likely already would have.
I had a look on the carfax history, I couldn't make a cleaner report even if I made it all up. 30k service was reported, no accidents, no salvage, all was green and good.

Thanks for the help, I was getting really worried after reading a bit about it. I checked the oil cap right now and I didn't see any white substance, although the cap was a bit wet, I don't think I need to be worried about that though.
Lordblood is offline   Reply With Quote