View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 05:39 PM   #9
Boxtaboy
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxonalden
Tolum,

My common sense explanation looks like it turned out to be nonsense. Sounded good though.

After reading Boxtaboy's post I went out to look at my ride. Luckily my 'old lady just got from town (had to take the Box because I just waxed it ). I tried tightening the cap and sure enough it turned 1/4 turn. I then opened it-Pssssst-removed the oil cap and plastic tray. The bleeder valve had white crusty crap all over it so I tried to tighten the screws before I removed it and they also were loose.

I cleaned everything, reassembled, topped off the burp tank and now I'll keep an eye on it. I feel that I won't have anymore problems with mine after the fixes.

Thanks for setting me straight Boxtaboy , Tolum, I hope yours is a quick fix. BTW, what is the bleeder valve for?

P.S. The numbers under my valve are 6 11123, you said you had the -1 up-date. When was this update issued?
Glad I could help. Hope all turns out well for you guys. Oh, and the bleeder valve is used to burp the system of air when coolant is flushed from the system (ie. if you have to refill due to a replaced coolant tank or radiator) and it also releases pressure from the system if there is a build up of pressure, and some has to be let out. It is a good idea to not fill your coolant all the way up to the max line. Leave it a little below it, and you'll have less chance of some being pressured out of the system.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red

Last edited by Boxtaboy; 08-17-2008 at 05:47 PM.
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote