View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 05:06 PM   #6
Quickurt

[QUOTE=insite] i have a new technique: bomb into it WAY too fast near the center of the track. when the apex closes nail the brake to pivot the car, then gas it and go. it's kind of fun.
QUOTE]

That's how I do 1 at Roebling, in a door car. Tap the brakes at about 50 yds, really more psychological than slowing, turn the car around the center of the turn tightening to a really late apex for one, counter-steer the the slide out of it, pointed toward the outside and brake hard to get it slowed down for two. Rotate the car still under braking and nail it from my turn in point. Try to keep it from tracking off the left on exit, but don't worry too much, or you'll scuff off speed. 1 and 2 are really a longer, faster decreasing radius just like that long right hander on your video. If you don't suck up half the seat upholstery by the apex of three, you didn't do one and two right!! :dance:
Oh, and it was really expensive trying that technique in a Formula Ford..........