View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 04:08 PM   #5
insite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickurt
That's sure no Road Atlanta!!
Nice patience on that two week right hander in the middle!
I hate those type of turns! The only really fun spot looks like the sequence leading back onto the start/finish straight. Your set-up is definitely the most nuetral I've seen on a Boxster in one of these videos. I was disappointed at the BrumosU track at Gainesville Dragway. It was just about all tight, second gear stuff, and I was not happy about just pushing the frontend all around the track, the entire day. I know it's a set-up to keep rank amatuers from damaging their cars, but come on.

i trail brake a lot to keep the nose planted. if you look at the G meter, it will go to -1G under braking, then trace around the 1G circle to 1G lateral instead of going back to zero first.

i didn't even have the GT3 sway setup here yet, just straight M030. i've since made some adjustments. one thing that helps a lot is dropping the rear tire pressures to around 29 - 30 and running the front around 34 - 35. that horseshoe turn is a bear! i have a new technique: bomb into it WAY too fast near the center of the track. when the apex closes nail the brake to pivot the car, then gas it and go. it's kind of fun.

this track is actually a great track to learn on for a couple of reasons. first, there's nothing to hit. second, you have to know where to go slow to be fast!

we've got this place rented on 9/18 if anyone's interested.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote