View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 02:02 PM   #15
FrayAdjacent

Install done - she's FIXED!

SHE IS ALIVE!

I finished putting in the belt and pump a little while ago, and did the operation to get the engine to temperature. Only took one gallon of coolant and 1.5 gallons of distilled water.

The op temp is hovering a little higher than it was before, but it's stable and running well.

While I was in there, I also changed the oil and filter. Had to use some Mobil 1 10W40 High Mileage crap since I can't find the 0W40 stuff anywhere. It should be fine, IMHO.

I think it also resolved a little vibration I was feeling at about 3kRPM in the past.... although I need to drive it around a bit more to tell. Could have been a very early symptom of the water pump bearings going south...

All in all, a pretty easy operation. If you have any modicum of wrench turning ability, you can replace a water pump in your Boxster.

(perhaps changing it should be part of the 60k service?!)

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote