Thread: New Toy :)
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 08:27 AM   #19
FrayAdjacent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil bastard

I'm an MSF Intsructor (Basic and Advanced Riding Skills classes), and the one thing I notice with Sport Bikes is that they are meant for speed - low speed maneuvering seems to challenge many of my students with these bikes.

Be sure to spend more time practicing low-speed operation as this is where it'll get hairy on a sport bike, and in the City, this is where you'll spend a lot of your time.

If you haven't taken any MSF courses, I highly recommend doing so. I have students who've ridden for many years come to the course and comment on how much they learned... often to their surprise - not everything can be learned simply by doing. Good Luck !!!

Listen to this man! I took the MSF basic class a couple weeks after picking up my scooter. I learned a lot, and got my riding life off to a good start. Even if you've ridden for years, you need to take this class. As mentioned, low speed skills are something a lot of people don't pick up just by doing.

We can ALL learn more.

BTW, I had fun, and I was the only one in my class to scrape a footpeg!

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote