View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 03:15 PM   #6
CA_Boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spongebob
I solved my noise by putting a piece of a regular car washing sponge in the hole.
It still makes ventilation possible but it breakes the airflow at the end of the hose.
I have heared about several people that have changed solenoids and hoses without sucess. This is an easier way to go.
As I had this noise just holding the engine on a certain rpm in neutral it cant be wind noise.
I was able to repeat it at varying RPM and engine speeds, but never really tried it in neutral. I reached the same solution. For me it was any time the car got level at a constant speed. Lift or lower the nose and it stops, but any constant speed caught the air just right.

The dealer's guess was that some vent valve was stuck open but it was going to be a long, expensive process of elimination to know. The little piece of rubber I stuck in there cost a lot less...

The real question: How close to crazy did this noise drive all of you and how long did it take you figure out it was coming from the freakin gas filler? My answer: Pretty damn close and way too long. The only thing worse than listening to that noise was knowing it was going to happen.
CA_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote