View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 12:41 PM   #4
RandallNeighbour

You know, my organization ships books out every day and people buy skinny booklets and rail on me for charging a whopping $6.50 on a $4 booklet.

Here's the deal. USPS priority mail is $4.80. Add to that an envelope for 30¢ and the 15 minutes of labor to put the order together and $6.50 is a steal.

So, a bottle that weighs more could easily cost $8 and change to ship and Sal is still losing money if he factors in all the overhead of storing the product and the labor minutes to put it together for the customer.

It's ridiculously expensive to ship things today, especially through UPS. Then there's the cost of handling (labor and paper goods, tape, labels, etc.).

My organization loses about $20k per year to shipping costs we couldn't pass along to customers and the 3% charged by the bank to take a credit card payment vs. a check or cash.

I can't raise my shipping prices or charge an extra fee for credit cards. So, it comes off our bottom line where salaries are drawn.

If I could, I'd be able to buy a new boxster cash every three years.

BTW, there are folks here that would argue that nothing compares to Zaino when used side by side with other products.

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 08-10-2008 at 12:44 PM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote