View Single Post
Old 03-23-2005, 07:59 AM   #14
wombat7

Send a message via AIM to wombat7
I definately do love the neutrality of my 944. I have yet to get the back end to come out from behind me while on the autocross course... and yes I have been pushing hard, finishing about 1.5-2 seconds behind the winning 1.8 Miatas. I absolutely love the way the car handles. If my car had a little more potential, I would probably keep it and mod it, but there is very little potential in an early model NA 944 and that's the cruel truth.

I have yet to drive an S2K, but I definately agree with the cheap feel of a miata. That is something that I hate. I had a Nissan 300ZX turbo and that was one of the reasons I sold the car. Everything in it just felt cheap. I hate that!! If I am going to spend the money on a car, I don't want everything in it to look like it is made out of cheap black plastic.

jerhofer brought something up that I didn't really think about. How much of a difference is there in handling btw a mid engine car and a front engine car. I have never driven anything but front engine, but I'm a very quick learner and would probably adjust very quickly to the difference, but I would kinda like to know some opinions on the subject.
wombat7 is offline   Reply With Quote