View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 12:26 AM   #14
releese78

I did use the shims, they fit with the spinlocks, I also used some 1/4" spacers which Pat made for it. That took care of the middle section. In the rear, there really isn't anything to hold it up other than the convertible top itself. I found that it "sagged" in the back (where the back edge of the clamshell used to sit.

The 3/4" rubber isolators actually fit between the bottom side of the top and the round clamshell adjusters. The bottom edge of the top is rolled over, so it's not raising it 3/4, more like 1/4" to make it fit flush height with the body. With any luck, yours may not need anything like this. I wasnt happy with the fit, so I decided to get creative.

I'm still not quite satisfied with the overall fit, hopefully I can fix this with some more adjustment. On mine, the body line is a little closer on one side than the other. Maybe I'm nit-picking.

I put it on in one piece. A word of advice...put some masking tape along the roofline where the top of the hatch opens during your adjustment stage. If you don't get it right, you can rub the paint right off when you open the hatch. Once you adjust it, and see that it doesnt rub, go ahead and remove the tape.

Also, I'd lay some tape along the back fenders, it's easy to scratch the bottom of the top there when installing because the spinlocks are set at an angle. Better safe than sorry!

Almost forgot, you asked about the wire harness. This was very easy to install. It took me all of 90 seconds to get it done. The most time consuming part of the whole process (other than adjusting everything) is installing the spinlock inserts. Luckily, this only needs to be done once.

I think you'll be very happy with it, I know I am. Be sure to post some pictures!

.....One thing I wanted to ask everyone out there, off topic. Does anyone in the Tampa area have any sort of tool that can turn on my OBC for me?

Last edited by releese78; 08-09-2008 at 12:38 AM.
releese78 is offline   Reply With Quote