View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 01:59 PM   #5
greesedc

Snatch that thing up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angman
$750 is a steal if its not broken/damaged. Not sure what to look for as its pretty straightforward. Check to make sure that the rubber seals all around are still good. See if the plug/wire for the heated glass window is still there. Check for any damage to the elements on the glass window. Ask if the seller has the porsche cover for it, a rolling or hanging stand, and the plastic cover to go over the latch when installed. The rest is probably all cosmetics, but even if its scratched up or wrong colour its a great price.
I just bought one a few weeks ago on ebay for $1500. It was the right color and had most all the parts minus the spin locks. Shipping was the steal for me...*$100 from IN to CO! After a few good buffings, only a couple of scratches left, but ok by me.
Had to order the center cover and a rear snap on cover from the dealer for less than $20 each. Estimate to repaint was almost $600
But....and it is a big one, when I priced the seal from the dealer, it is almost $700!
Fortunatly, mine has only a small tear at the metal piece near the front top of the rubber and I can live with it.

I have gotten a lot of looks and compliments on the top. It has more squeaks than the soft top I think, but when winter comes I think I will be more than happy in my "1/2 Cayman".

*the top was professionally packed by a moving company and shipped via motor freight and arrived completely intact.

Last edited by greesedc; 08-08-2008 at 02:01 PM.
greesedc is offline   Reply With Quote