View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 04:39 PM   #4
insite

this car is VERY, VERY fast. faster than a 997TT. faster than the GT2 i have driven. faster than a Z06. it is also very easy to drive. it really is like piloting an xbox 360; DSG paddles, a touch screen with displays ad infinitum. the electronic driver aids are amazing; you can toss it into a sweeper at 120 and simultaneously mash the brakes. the electronics sort it out with nary a peep from the tires.

the interior isn't bad. it's not what we'd expect from an $85k car, but then neither is this level of performance. consider this: at fiorano, it tied the F430 scuderia, which tied an ENZO for god sakes. it is ferrari enzo fast.

it is also big. and heavy. but you would never know it from the driver's seat; it feels so nimble and eager. the suspension is excellent. well damped, but not harsh. the brakes are simply unbelievable. the car wears 20" wheels. the brake rotors (floating hats, mind you) are FIFTEEN inches in diameter. pedal feel was great.

amenities? not bad! good stock stereo, niceley integrated nav, GINORMOUS trunk. three bags of clubs. there are some odd plasticy bits, but this is not a car designed to coddle the driver. this is a car designed to move. FAST. and i mean FAAAST. make your head spin fast.

much different driving philosophy than porsche. not bad, just different. the only thing i didn't like while driving was that i felt the pedals were MUCH too far apart. only afterward did i realize why: left foot braking. this thing has no clutch pedal, so no need for close gas/brake. when you don't need your left foot to clutch, you use it to brake. this is a serious toy indeed. my friend (the owner) described it as an EVO for grown ups. i agree.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote