View Single Post
Old 03-22-2005, 06:42 PM   #10
Subanez

Send a message via AIM to Subanez
Chad...welcome to the Air Force. I graduated from Syracuse last year, and after being sent to Tunisia to speak french, Maxwell to do ASBC, and other random stuff, I'm stationed at COlumbus AFB going through pilot training. I have a bunch of friends down in the Elgin area, a couple of Comm guys down there. We head down every few months to crash at their place and wreak havoc on the coast.

If you do get the Boxster, we'll meet up and trade war stories. If you have any questions about coming on active duty or anything, feel free to contact me. Its a great place to be.

-Kevin

PS- Drive a Boxster. Drive an S2000. Drive a Miata.

They can all do wonderful things on the autocross track, but they are each tailored to very different driving styles. I'd say the S2000 would be the least favorable option for autocross, because, as everyone has mentioned, torque is such a godsend. Light, stripped out miata's with engine work done are disgustingly fast...like annoying mosquitos that always seem to be 1 or 2 seconds ahead of my Boxster (2.7).

Good luck!

"I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. And then I ran some more." -Fight Club
Subanez is offline   Reply With Quote