View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 08:33 PM   #4
jrdiesel01

315 25 19 From experience..

Hi all,

I had 19" Hre wheels that were 11" wide built for a wide body Carrera 4. After selling car, I shipped to HRE for 3" outer lip replacement down from 4". When the wheels were 11" inches wide they had 315 25s and for kicks i put then on the car. the wheel and tire stuck out about an inch. No good.

Now that the wheels are 10 wide (rear) I have 275 30s and fit tight. When i say tight i mean, i dont know if any offset will make a difference. the tire is 1/2" to the fender and the inner part of tire is about 1/4" from shock tower.

the wheels with 4" lips (ebay) that fit narrow body porsches are the exception because they have a thinner center (where the bolts go) that compensates for the 4" outer lip.

of course my car is dropped with h & R springs half inch in rear and one inch on front. (actual measurements) maybe cause the original 1998 springs were going flat.

things to consider:

Vehicle height

wheel kind

Offsets

Tire size

Now I have 235 35 19s in front and when I turn wheels all the way to one side it clears the inner fenders by <1/4 quarter inch. I heard of running 245s maybe if the car is not dropped.

Last note:

I think you should stick to the recommended 235 35s and275 30s, I dont see how spacers are going to help by pushing the wheel outward and sticking out of the the fender. Yikes!

RyanP. I think if you leave car stock height youll get away with 255s in front but not if you lower the car.

Sorry about the grammer, just trying to help but I'm in a rush.

see ya.

Last edited by jrdiesel01; 08-05-2008 at 08:38 PM.
jrdiesel01 is offline   Reply With Quote