View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 12:50 PM   #17
Nick-L

I just had my 2 year service at a Porsche dealer for my 2006 Boxster S, at 5900 miles. It was interesting... for $380 they changed the oil and brake fluid, which is what they said was "required". Then, they "highly recommended" a "comprehensive inspection" for an additional $440. Many of the items on the 'inspection' list seemed bogus (checking operation of wipers, doors, lights, etc., things that are done as part of the state inspection anyway).

What was interesting was the reason the dealer gave me as to why I should do their "comprehensive inspection". They said if I have any major problems shortly after the warrany expires, such as IMS or RMS failure, if I have a history of having the dealership do these comprehensive inspections on a regular basis, they would feel like they knew the car and would be more inclined to argue on my behalf to Porsche to cover the cost of repairs.

So, basically, if I bribed them and paid them for a few largely unnecessary "inspections", they might put in a good word for me with Porsche if I have a problem later. Pay them now, or possibly pay Porsche later. I don't like paying bribes, and declined their "comprehensive inspection".
Nick-L is offline   Reply With Quote