View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 07:24 PM   #13
Lil bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxonalden
OK, I have a question. I have one also and have yet to use it. With it in place, the interior ultra-sound motion detector is enabled with the top down. The clip also disables the top from raising.

My question is; If the alarm is set and someone knows what the red clip is and they reach over and remove it, will the alarm go off? I know the detectors are under the latch assembly pointing down.
The answer is no, the alarm will not go off, unless the person accidenntally moves within the area of the sensors. The red clip isn't intended for the alarm, it's design purpose is to disable the top from operating when you use the speedster hump and tonneau cover options.

The alarm system was never intended to operate with the top open, it used the same micro-switch in the windshield header to determine that the top was closed. The red clip only tricks it into thinking the top is closed, nothing more.

The infrared motion sensors are not that sensitive, and even with the red clip in place, it's possible to slowly move your arm inside and remove something, plus, it's coverage area isn't complete, there are several blind spots. So you really should never leave any valuables inside.
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote