View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 08:45 PM   #20
2001saxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
I have 6 things to say:

1) The lawyers will do well and get paid.

2) We have just over 14,000 Forum Members here.

3) How many "failures" have we discussed here?

4) Less than 1% for sure (<140), and we are the VOCAL ones in the Porsche ownership experience. Is this really an issue?

5) I have never seen a Porsche stranded at the side of the road in the past 15 years and over 450,000 miles of driving in the midwest. Never. But, I have seen tons of Japanese cars...and other brands.

6) The Porsche dealerships I visit don't look busy doing catastrophic engine work.
I agree 100% with you on point 1, but just because the lawyers are going to make out the best of anyone I don't think that is a reason for Porsche not to be held accountable.

#'s 2, 3, & 4 all seem to lead up to the same point. I see what you are getting at, but i don't necesarrily agree. You put the figure at 1%, while others put it at 10-15%. A while back someone on another board had a great comment in response to similar percentages that were dropped..."80% of all statistics are made up on the spot"...Truth is that only Porsche knows and they obviously aren't saying anything which IMHO is why this lawsuit is needed.

As for #'s of Porsches on the side of road versus #'s of Japanese cars, well I get what your saying, but come on, there are probably 100,000 Japanese vehicals for every Porsche on the road. One person's recollection of years of driving isn't exactly a very scientific poll.

As to dealers not being busy doing engine replacements, I doubt they'd admit to it (although my dealer actually did moan "We've been down this road before" when I told him the diagnosis on my Boxster). When my engine went I spoke with three dealers and four independants. All the dealers sounded astonished when I told them the diagnosis on my car (I could imagine them scratching their head while looking bewilderedly skyward). Yet all the indys implied that it was indeed an all to common occurance. Hmm? Who has the motivation to lie?

Last edited by 2001saxster; 07-31-2008 at 11:45 PM.
2001saxster is offline   Reply With Quote