View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 11:51 AM   #11
kennedi

Are you guys kidding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by renzop
Does it really matter legally whether the engines blow up or not? Is it a car company's responsibility to have their engines last indefinitely? Porsche warrants that the car will run for 4 years or 50K miles and will repair it if it does not. After that any manufacturing defects are tough ********************.

Even if Porsche knows about a defective part, it is under no obligation to inform the public of it, unless it is safety related. How can Porsche know haw the car was driven by the first owner? Was all maintenance performed by an authorized service department?

I think an individual lawsuit by a second owner is irresponsible and frivolous. As a class action suit it serves no one but the lawyers. This attitude that I should be protected for every decision I make or anything that happens to me is what's wrong with the country. Its slowly squeezing our freedoms down to nothing.

:ah: :ah: :ah: :ah: :ah: :ah: :ah: :ah: :ah: :ah:
With all the blown engines and other design flaws I read about on this forum and others...I hope this suit gets a TON of press! Sorry but most cars today - especially the Asian ones- easily get 100K with minimal trouble. Hell, my Jeep Liberty (not entirely a quality Daimler-Chrysler product) got to 100K without problems....Porsche (and many other *high end* auto manufacturers sell the quality dream so why shouldn't I as a consumer EXPECT it? I certainly bought my Porsche (as a 2nd owner no less) thinking I was buying a higher quality product. Maybe it's going to take a few of these lawsuits against the luxery auto manufacturers to force them into delivering what they're selling. I know too many engineers who have gone to work for auto companies. They know exactly what the life span is of the parts in their cars. The fact that they want to hold out as long as they can without upping the quality is nothing more than capitalism at it's finest.

I am not saying my car should last forever...that's a pipe dream. But there's a clear difference between forever and engine failures at the under 100K mark. Why 100K? If the Japs can do it... so can everyone else. Maybe that's why the Asian auto market is kicking everyone's a$$.

And as for the comments about 2nd owners not to expect any kind of guarantee??? WTF??? If the car's has documentation to support that it's been well maintained, cared for and driven reasonably, then who gives a crap how many owners it's had? Or was that comment just a smack in the face to the people who can't / refuse to buy one brand new????

Lawyers be dammed! Make it a public trial by Porsche owners!

Sorry, that just got me really fired up...
Kennedi
kennedi is offline   Reply With Quote