View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 01:24 PM   #8
Bob O

It sounds to me like somewere between a great deal and a really really good deal!! You know the condition of the car for starters (which is worth more than you can count) You KNOW your dad didn't abuse it or drive the stink out of it. It already has the M030 suspension, which you want and will cost you somewhere between $1K and 1.5K to buy and have installed on another car that doesn't already have it. It's already had an RMS failure and a new engine put in at around 20K miles. The new engine should have the upgraded/redesigned seals. AND, based on the talk around here and elsewhere, after 50K miles or so (which your car has on the new motor) an RMS failure is pretty rare. You could, might, possibly, perhaps find an S for only a couple grand more, but..will you for sure know how it was taken care of? Will it have the M030 suspension? How long will it take to find this car? Is it worth it to wait and take a chance vs buying a known quantity? I say go for it and don't look back. Have a blast with it and don't second guess yourself. AFTER you get a PPI!!

I'd probably pass on that warranty, too. It seems pretty expensive for the mileage and time coverage. And as husker said, a CPO is NOT bumper to bumper. Read the contract and see what it says. I'd put the 5K away and save it for potential problems. If you don't use it you've still got the cash (he says after personally buying an extended warranty......but...it was 3 yrs ago, for 100K coverage, true bumper to bumper, the car was still under original warranty, and it was half the cost of yours.

Bob
7/15 mm spacers
Deambered
Desnorked
SS door sills
Debadged
Clear tails
Technobrace
Technobra
I'll never own another black car!
Bob O is offline   Reply With Quote