View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 10:57 AM   #1
23109VC

MotorMeister?? alternative to a dealer motor??

I'm researching buying a used boxster. reading all this engine failure and people saying the dealer wants $12000 to put in a new one..

I was surfing for rebuilt motors and found motormeisters website.

http://www.motormeister.com/suz/911_engines/911_engines_5.htm

they advertise a boxster motor (no specifics on size/year/etc) for $6000.

I'm assuming the labor to install this motor can't be 6000... i would think a competent mechanic could do it in a day or two max... maybe a couple grand labor at most? or am I way off?

I'm looking into buying a used 986 - and the ONLY thing keeping me are these "horror stories' of people saying they go thit iwth a 15,000 bill to fix their engine.. the cars i'm looking at cost only 15000.... i don't want to buy a car then get hit with a repair bill that is more than the car is worth!!

there MUST be third party sources for rebuilt or reman boxster motors..or maybe go USED...and pay the labor to install it..

how cheap could one replace the motor on a boxster for? if you dind't go dealer and went iwht an independent mechanic?

is motormeister a reputable place? are there other sources for lesser expensive engines?

i was all lined up to buy a boxster...was even maybe gonna get a smokin deal from a famliy member..then read all this crap out blowing up motors and these HUGE repair bills and it kidn of burst the bubble....

i'm trying to assess REALLY what it would cost to replace an engine IF I bought a used boxster and IF I was unlucky enough to have the engine fail..
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote