View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 09:41 PM   #10
Kirk

Personally I like it... I don't think it really matters whether you're showing off the front trunk or not. It's kinda like lingerie. It's fun just knowing there's something sexy underneath that you catch a glimpse of once in a while.

On my car I'm kinda going for a silver, black, chrome, and carbon fiber theme throughout. In the front trunk I've installed chrome washer and brake fluid caps, chrome caps over most fasteners and lots of little things. Like I wrapped the wiring in nice, black wire loom under the covers. I painted the clamp for the battery silver. I took out the wiper motor assembly and painted the arms and base silver and replaced the yellow zinc plated bolts with clear zinc plated bolts. I painted the horn silver. I polished the AC tubing. etc, etc... Personally I think it looks neat and clean and cost me pretty much nothing but time.

Today my 16 yr old son and I took on another project that was inspired by this thread. My son did most of the work:

Here you can see that I also cleaned up the spare tire and painted the bracket for it silver.

Again, sure stuff like this is obsessive and maybe no one else will see it, but I'm not doing it for anyone else. I'm doing it for my own satisfaction and my son and I had a good time working together on it today - which is priceless.
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote