Thread: 6% off MSRP?
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2005, 02:00 PM   #14
Perfectlap

well admittedly I haven't sold any German cars on ebay. Its been only Japanese car with solid reputations for reliability. Mazda, Toyota, Honda. All were sold above the highest possible price quoted by Kelly Blue Book. Some two and three times the highest quoted KBB price. One was as old as ten years with more than 100k on the speedo. I agree the buyer was nuts to agree sight unseen. But this car was immaculate and was repainted by a high end Body shop with paint that was better than factory. It sparkled in the sun like the day it left the Honda plant.
The buyer took a risk in buyin online But I think people put allot of stock in these feedback ratings if they are perfect and well north of 100. Feeback heavily influences the final price of a car sold on Ebay Motors.

Longislander take your car to a Porshe Club Concours event. Slap a for sale sign on it and let's see how you do. If you can wait until the warm weather returns.
I always try to sell my cars to other enthusiasts. They know well maintained sports cars don't just grow on trees. I saw eBay bids on a 1992 with 80K at over $10,000.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 03-18-2005 at 02:04 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote