View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 06:41 PM   #1
ISUnorth

Coolant overflow question

Twice I have had a puddle of antifreeze under the rear right tire after driving in hot weather (hot in Minnesota means 90 and the drives were short hops to the grocery store).. Looks like it might have expanded after I shut it off. The reservoir is pretty full and the bottom of the cap was wet like it had expanded up to that level. Anyone know if the overflow hose runs out at the right rear tire area? I am wondering if this is just a matter of the dealer (non-Porsche) I bought from simply overfilling the reservoir (he typed hopefully wishing for confirmation from all of the experience drivers here. ). I have only owned the car a couple of months and summer came late so haven’t had much hot weather experience with this auto. Oh, the temp gauge has been fine…not running too hot temperature-wise.

Related question. Should the cooling fan continue to run for a bit after you shut down in hot weather? Seems different from car to car. My old Accord fan would run for quite a while but my Miata and A4s never do. Neither does my '02 Boxster (at least mine).
ISUnorth is offline   Reply With Quote