View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 03:15 PM   #11
CJ_Boxster

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragman
New to the forum so I'm checking to see if there are any updates. I have the same problem with knocking in the rear passenger side quarter panel (2003 S) over bumps at low speeds (10-30mph), but I've also noticed it only happens when coasting. When I apply throttle the noise goes away. Took it in and the repair shop said it was rear struts, which they replaced but the noise is still there. They have had it apart for a couple of days but have not been able to isolate the problem. Any updates?

TIA. Ragman.
Its the rear upper control arm which makes that low speed knocking noise over bumps and cracks in the road... visual inspection of the arm will not show that the part is faulty, even shaking it around or hitting it with a rubber malet will not cause it to make any noise... so its pretty hard to a repairman who isnt experienced with that particular problem on that particular car to diagnose it. We have a site sponser by the name of Delubozparts who sells an Adjustible version of those control arms at less than half the cost of the OEM Upper Control Arm. Thats where I bought mine from and I love them!

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote