View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 04:55 PM   #18
Quickurt

top down with the windows up? You bet, it's great! I bought a set of Jay Senoff's roll bar vent fillers and they're great, too. It takes a while to get it just right but I use the vents set to blowing out at my feet and the dash together. If I have to stop, I just hit the max AC button. At low speeds I drop the windows, but at anything above 60, the windows go up and it stays rather comfortable in the car during these 95 degree Florida afternoons, with the blower set about the middle.
My main problem with the windows down is wind noise. When I was young those race engines screaming right behind my head sounded really great inside that helmet. Ear plugs? They were for pussies and old guys.........then add to that going on 40 years of working in shops full of loud machines and people beating on metal. I can't take all that noise when I don't have to have it now days. When there is background noise, like in a noisy resturant, I can't hear much anymore. It all just runs together.
Wouldn't change a minute of it!